Pat brings over 35 years of experience helping long-term care healthcare organizations improve their operational and financial performance. He works with skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, assisted and independent living facilities and various other healthcare providers. Pat brings considerable knowledge and experience assisting his clients as they deal with the challenges affecting providers in the healthcare industry. His approach involves a significant amount of time spent understanding the needs of the healthcare providers, through discussions with administrators and the management team of the organization. From this discussion, Pat draws upon the resources of his consultants with expertise in financial, operational and clinical areas to provide tailored solutions and assist in implementation to achieve their client’s intended goals.
Pat’s role at Microscope is to focus on Continuing Care & Long-Term Care Consulting Services. He assists long-term care organizations and provides strategic direction to:
- Navigate the ever-changing reimbursement landscape in New York State
- Address third-party reimbursement issues including rate appeals
- Perform OMIG audits
- Perform rate sheet reviews
- Conduct revenue modeling to enhance reimbursement
- Model forecasting studies
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Create bond offering comfort letters
- Conduct Benchmarking studies
- Assist skilled nursing facilities to navigate the myriad of regulatory and filing requirements of Section 232 HUD-insured multifamily loan programs.
Pat is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), as well as the LeadingAge NY and NYS Health Facilities Association long term care associations. He has served as a Regional Executive of HFMA (representing New York State and Puerto Rico), as well as past President of HFMA’s Central New York Chapter and is a frequent speaker at both HFMA and LeadingAge NY educational conferences on various long-term care topics. Pat is the recipient of HFMA’s Medal of Honor. He also serves on various boards and finance committees, including the Museum of Science and Technology, Catholic Sun, and CNY Jazz Foundation.
Pat is a graduate of Le Moyne College.