Microscope-HC, a healthcare consultancy, is seeking an enthusiastic temporary, per diem MDS Consultant. Microscope-HC’s clients are in a wide range of health care environments, including some of the largest hospitals, health systems, long term care facilities and care providers.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the broader Microscope-HC team in delivering the highest quality service to our clients; consult, work with and service our client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement. This position provides an exciting opportunity for those with experience in clinical and operational roles in the continuing care/long term care industry.
- Consults with and provides technical assistance to the MDS Coordinators through interpretation, clarification or updating of policies and regulations
- Consults with and provides training as needed for new or inexperienced MDS Coordinators in conducting resident assessments, developing plans of care, evaluating residents’ responses to interventions and documenting clinical records
- Consults with and provides training as needed for new or inexperienced MDS Coordinators on the RAI manual and all applicable deadlines for resident assessments and completion of Minimum Data Sets (MDSs)
- Performs reviews of MDS and related practices for conformance with standards and regulations
- Provides PDPM process education and training to all members of IDT as needed
- Provides assist with process and education/training on denials management as needed
- Provides assist with process and education/training on aspects of CMI case management as needed
- Performs MDS related facility systems audits and training/education as required to include coverage determinations, CMG scoring, section GG scoring, nursing and therapy documentation compliance, ABN and NOMNC notice compliance, MDS submission accuracy and compliance, pre-bill submission review for compliance and reimbursement
- Active Registered Nurse license or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in continuing care/long term care industry
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI), as published by CMS
- Working knowledge of reimbursement sources (i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, Private, and Hospice) and the relationship to the MDS process
- Working knowledge and ability to apply standards of professional nursing practice in job situations
- Current knowledge of county, state and federal laws and regulations, as applicable, that apply to practice of nursing in long term care
- Working knowledge of HIPAA Regulations and appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and facility information
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and facility information
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to interact with facility administration, facility and government agencies, and interdisciplinary staff
Our culture places great emphasis on integrity, teamwork and quality of life. We offer a competitive hourly rate; benefits are not offered for this position.
Microscope-HC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*By submitting your resume, transcript and other pertinent information, you authorize Microscope-HC to share said information with firm personnel involved in recruiting and, specifically, those who participate in your interview, should one take place.*